- #5 on the BG overall leaderboard, but #1 in your hearts, Pliny the Younger will be making its return Friday, February 7th. It will mark the 10th anniversary of the beer. PTY will be available for two weeks at the Russian River pub, everyday, until it runs o
- Sucaba (2014, 004) is as always the first of Firestone Walker's Reserve series to be released. It will be released in the first quarter of 2014. I personally would love to do a side by side tasting of this and Bourbon County Barleywine.
- As many of you can already tell, Evil Twin Brewing, fascinates me. Here's the next installment of the Imperial Break series: Imperial Doughnut Break. This Imperial Porter is brewed with coffee and according to Mike from Westbrook Brewing Co. is "aged with donuts," 1000 doughnuts at that (Jeppe accused him of eating two, so really 998 donuts then). This Imperial Break series has been quite a hit for Evil Twin, with the first 3 'Breaks' coming in with BARs of 7.06, 5.46 & 4.86.
- Dawn of the Red, an India Red Ale by Ninkasi Brewing Company, will be available starting in January.
- Last week I showcased Prairie's Vanilla Noir, now meet Coffee Noir (Imperial Stout aged in Oak Whiskey Barrels with coffee). Here's the entire Noir lineup so far from Prairie.
- If you haven't caught on yet, Deschutes has spent all year commemorating their 25th anniversary. They have teamed up with Goose Island to release their final collaboration, Belgian Style Ale. "Michigan Riesling and Oregon Pinot Noir grapes age with Mt. Hood whole flower hops and Pilsner malt in Muscat casks. The fruit aroma unites with Belgian yeast esters and oak for a crisp, dry and slightly tart flavor."
What beers are on your list for this holiday season?
You can find me here on both Untappd & Twitter. Cheers!
Thanks to user Blink on Wiki Commons for the header image.