- I don't remember what Anchor released last Spring, but I figure this Anchor Saison is here to stay. Partly because saisons seem to be en vouge right now. Plus there's Nelson Sauvin in there, so that's at least reason enough for me to check it out.
- Living next to a brewery usually has it's perks. Case and point: Pale Bock by Sierra Nevada, makes its return after a 5 year break. You may remember this one from years past, as it used to be distributed nationwide. It will be the inagural beer in Sierra's "Old Chico" brand series, which will feature Chico favorites, even a summer bock.
- Stone's Enjoy By 04.20.14 IPA is coming to 40 STATES! Follow the link to see if your state made the cut.
- I have really regretted not taking Firestone Walker in the BeerGraphs Fantasy league, then I saw their new canning equipment, which all but cemented my feelings. And according to this article the first beer up will be their 805 blonde.
- Elysian Superfuzz sounds groovy... Actually a blood orange pale ale does sound pretty good right about now. They are throwing a release & dance party at the brewery too!
- “'Hopzilla' Double IPA. This Hoptastic creature clocks in at 110 IBUs and has all the hop explosion of a B-rate monster movie."
Barrel Roll No. 3 Pugachev's Cobra - Hangar 24
(Style: 106, Bar: 5.36)
Poured from a tap into a snifter. Little carbonation with some lacing. Viscous. Dark brown almost, black color.
Smell = 5/5
Wow. This is gonna be rich. Instant notes of chocolate and maple, almost molasses like smell (reminds me of eating chocolate chip pancakes). Brown sugar, vanilla and bourbon hints are starting to come through as this opens up.
Tastes like it smells, spot on. Very smooth. It is sweet but I think the bourbon barrels help to counter that.
Easy. Rich and velvet-y. Full bodied. No alchol harshness to fight, which I had expected since it was 13.8% abv afterall.
This is a great beer to share with friends. Maybe out on the patio over a couple of cigars and take the night in. Great sipping beer. Against my better judgement, I bought a bottle to go. I will try and review this again once, as a comparison (on tap v. out of the bottle).
Thanks to user Blink on Wiki Commons for the header image.
You can find me here on both Untappd & Twitter. Cheers!