- Heal the Bay IPA from Golden Road Brewing is back for the summer. This beer is tasty (had it a few times on draught last year), as it stars Nelson, Motueka, Citra, Centennial and El Dorado hops - wow! Also, Golden Road will donate a portion of every 4 pack sold and a dollar from every pint sold at the pub to Heal the Bay.
- Heretic and Faction are teaming up to create a "double black ipa." Had to give a shout out to my Fantasy Beergraphs Utility player!
- "Founder's Club Release #2: Ensorcelled. Ensorcelled is our dark sour beer aged in oak with raspberries. Ensorcelled was recently awarded gold medal at the 2014 World Beer cup in the American-Style Sour Ale category, which makes us even more excited to give 2 bottles to each of our Founders! Founders - you may pick up your bottles starting this Thursday at the Founder's Club Ensorcelled release party"
- Sixpoint has begun to bridge the gap from four packs to six packs! Bengali Tiger, The Crisp and Sweet Action will be the first to recieve the "sixpack" treatment. “Better beer at a better price makes people happy,” remarked Welch. “I’ll drink to that.” - My sentiments exactly, follow the link for more exciting canning content.
- "The goal of this beer was to make a Belgian/American hybrid using West Coast American hops and rye to emulate the fruit and spices often found in Belgian beers." - Divine Reserve No. 14 from Saint Arnold.
- Big news for a big beer release from Deschutes this week. On Monday, Deschutes released The Stoic (Belgian Quad) at both Pubs, on tap and in the bottle.
- A new collaboration from Cigar City Brewing and Great Lakes Brewing yields 2 beers under one name. "The name Wandering Pelican pays homage to a Brown Pelican who made the journey from Florida to Ohio's Lake Erie Coast during the summer of 2013," the breweries said in a news release. "Swapping saltwater for fresh, feeding on shad instead of mullet, this welcome stranger made Lake Erie his home for several months and became an unlikely local celebrity. Both of these beers will honor our courageous friend who wandered off the beaten path to find his home." Cigar city will be releasing the Wandering Pelican Black Ale in cans, limited to Florida. Great Lakes will only sell the Wandering Pelican Black Lager in bombers at the brewery. A portion of the proceeds will be sent to the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary, the largest wild bird hospital within the states.
Thanks to user Blink on Wiki Commons for the header image.
You can find me here on both Untappd & Twitter. Cheers!