- Anchor's California Lager is now available in the can. Great tailgating option here folks!
- "Memorial Day is a great weekend for barbecuing, going to the beach and, of course, enjoying a Saint Arnold. But it really exists to honor those who have given their lives while serving our country. This is the inspiration for Homefront IPA." All proceeds from Homefront IPA will be donated to Operation Homefront which sends financial support to families of service members and wounded warriors in their time of need. Kudos to Saint Arnold for supporting a great cause! And making great beer(s)!
- Firestone Walker is throwing a party for Bretta Rosé (American Wile Ale fermented with Rasberries) at their Barrelworks location. There will also be bottles of Stickee Monkee (English Barleywine) for purchase at the party. For those of you who can make it, I think it will be worth the trip. Feral One, Lil Opal are a couple of the Barrelworks offerings to be bottle this year and have sold rather quickly, at least in the FW distribution around here. They are not on the Leaderboards yet, but recieved a ton of great reviews in the major beer online forums. Plus Stickee Monkee available! (Tasting notes: toffee, burnt sugar, molasses, full body) which I have had, and thoroughly enjoyed.
- Check out the inspiration for Sixpoint's Apollo "'Gemütlichkeit' doesn’t have a direct English translation, but it roughly means a relaxed environment with good food and drink. Fabian describes it as, “sitting in a beer garden with good friends or coworkers after a long working day and having the one or another cool, fresh Weizen.” Tasting notes include "clove, ripe banana, vanilla and bubblegum." It will be draft only and in seasonal cans.
- "Yeah...this is coming out soon. You're welcome!#RuinTen" This is a great option to get your hands on RuinTen (Imperial IPA) if you are within Stone distribution but have a hard time getting their highly sought offerings.
- "The fans have spoken! ValarMorghulis (Dubbel) is our 4th @GameOfThrones-inspired beer." - Ommegang
- Maiden The Shade (Summer IPA) from Ninkasi is back and with a new look.
- Attn Homebrewers (I know there are quite of few of you on here): Founders Brewing Company has a pretty neat release planned for those of you that are going the National Homebrew Conference. Oak Aged Rye IPA was "brewed by our brewmaster Jeremy Kosmicki and brewer Laura Houser in collaboration with local homebrewing legend Jeff Carlson."
- Almanac Brewing Company has been killing it with their #SummerOfSour series next up is their Dogpatch Strawberry release. "We're thrilled to announce the upcoming release of Dogpatch Strawberry. We added 1,000 lbs of Swanton Berry Farm strawberries to our Dogpatch Sour ale for an amazingly refreshing summer sipper. Look for it rolling out in the next couple of weeks." Turns out of fearless leader, may even of already had a sampling as he was the first to add it to UNTAPPD!
- Did you know the Boulevard Brewing Company and Odell Brewing Company opened their doors one day a part from each other, 25 years ago? To commerate 25 years of brewing awesomeness, both brewers are getting together and pay homage to their roots, "McDonald and Odell will develop an English Strong Ale, slated for release in November." The beer will be available within both breweries distribution network.
Thanks to user Blink on Wiki Commons for the header image.
You can find me here on both Untappd & Twitter. Cheers!