- Bastard in the Rye: Stone has aged their infamous Arrogant Bastard (Strong Ale) in Templeton Rye whiskey barrels.
- Anyone have a suggestion for the next Stochasticity project? Submit them here.
- "Funky Gold Mosaic is a dry-hopped sour ale. We took Prairie Gold (which was already pretty awesome) and dry-hopped it with a huge amount of Mosaic hops. The end results are tropical, sour, and, according to Chase, an all around new beer drinking experience!" As usual, Oklahoma and Texas will see this one first followed by the rest of distribution within the Shelton Brothers network.
- Texas folks get ready for a Clown Shoes premiere on you will be able to enjoy: The Good, The Bad and The Unidragon (Russian Imperial Stout). "A new Texas-only stout to be released in September. A 14% stout based off of Blaecorn, brewed with dark malts from TX"
- Cigar City began canning their Cubano-Style Espresson Brown Ale. Cigar City needs to hurry up and start distributing to CA already, I need to do some "analysis" on this one... for BG Fantasy League purposes of course!
- Speaking of canning, Trail Hunter (Pale Ale) from Fat Heads will also be making it's rounds in distribution. Loving all the canning content this week.
- New breweries opening for business is one of the many, exciting things about beer in the US right now. Clandestine (San Jose, CA) will be opening their doors to the Public this Friday at 4 PM. For all those of you who can make it, please come out, enjoy a pint and check out their place. One of their beers I specifically wanted to highlight is, Milky Way Stout. It's described as follows: "The inspiration was to cross a beer with a chocolate bar. The goal was to craft a full-bodied beer with huge flavor and aroma, but without a huge alcohol content. The result is Clandestine's 'Milky Way Stout' -- a Milk Stout with big hits of caramel, chocolate, vanilla & cream."
Author's Note: I'm heading up to Bend, OR this weekend. Suggestions for stops worth making (breweries, bars, restaurants, etc.) would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks to user Blink on Wiki Commons for the header image.
You can find me here on both Untappd & Twitter. Cheers!