The Beer Release Round Up, 7/31/2014
Blake Smith, July 31, 2014 -
- Fans of Pipeworks Brewing should be pumped for their brewery expansion plans. The new brewery is said to can five beers year round, and triple their current production. Big win here for Chicago beer lovers. I fully expect this to move the needle on BG Leaderboards for Pipeworks.
- Anybody land a bottle of Cigar City's Big Sound (Scotch Ale aged in Bourbon barrels)? It is said to have been distributed this week, I've seen as early as Tuesday.
- The Rare Barrel will be releasing their first ever collaboration beer (On the Shoulders of Giants) this Saturday, August 2nd. The beer is an ode to Pete Slosberg. Does Pete's Wicked Ale ring a bell? Pretty cool to see these guys recognizing a craft beer legend like Pete who helped pave the way for them and so many others.
- Two new releases from Sierra Nevada: "A good day in the Gift Shop, Chico friends. Flipside, our Fall seasonal, and Equinox, the final beer in our Harvest series, have arrived!" Equinox is the newest experimental from the creators of Simcoe, Citra & Mosaic, I'm sure you can imagine how this may taste. If you're into aromatics then you won't want to miss this one.
- Looks like Ecliptic and 21st Amendment are getting together to brew a collaboration beer for Oregon Brew Fest.
- According to indiegogo the Stone x Alesmith collab announced yesterday is 95% sold out, better grab one quick!
- Today, Cantillon will be releasing Blåbär 2014. It will be a very, very limited release at the brewery in Copenhagen.
Thanks to user Blink on Wiki Commons for the header image.
You can find me here on both Untappd & Twitter. Cheers!