The Beer Release Round Up, 7/3/2014
Blake Smith, July 03, 2014
- Stone and Solemn Oath are teaming up for a collaboration. The artwork looks pretty cool! Very metal.
- Lupulin Thrill from Bootlegger's was release last week. Anyone got their hands on this yet?
- Flying United Airlines any time soon? Have's Goose Island's 312 Wheat Ale. Starting this month, you will be able to purchase this Goose Island offering on any United flight.
- Showdown Rye IPA is the newest offering from Great Divide Brewing company. It's available as of yesterday until September. Shower basket not included.
- Pick up your Sierra Nevada Beer Camp 12 pack, mix packs now!
- Who ended up scoring Pumking a few week's early? Looks like their distributor unloaded a few cases pre-maturely. If you weren't lucky enough to score some of this stuff early, no worries, according to their blog moderator it should be distributed sometime "mid-july."
- Thanks Ceetar for the Wild Fruit Cake news. New Glarus has been making Sour and Wild Ales for some time now, since 1994 according to the article. Now they have a facility that is dedicated solely to doing just that. "The wild fruit cave, designed by Dan Carey's (Co-Owner) daughter, Katherine, who works for Potter Lawson architects in Madison, allows New Glarus to increase the amount and variety of these unique beers. Its approach is built upon Old World traditions developed over centuries by Belgian brewers to produce beers that rely on open fermentation processes involving fruits along with wild yeasts and bacteria."
- 21st Ammendment has brought back Hop Crisis (Imperial IPA). Find out if Hop Crisis will be making it to your area here. I also read they are using an experimental hop on this year's batch. Equinox?
- So Ninkasi Brewing Company is starting a Space Program (NSP). Yes, you read that correctly. Is this one giant step for craft beer?
- Finally, "Happy early-Birthday America!" Which beer tastes most like freedom?
Thanks to user Blink on Wiki Commons for the header image.
You can find me here on both Untappd & Twitter. Cheers!